Saturday, October 29, 2005

AJC Cartoon on Iraq

This cartoon which appeared in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is apparently causing a minor-controversy in the Southern US, as people debate its merits and point. Over six hundred comments seems incredibly rare for a cartoon, and I’m sure it’s generated more mail/e-mails to the paper itself. Whether or not you agree with him, Mike Lukovich certainly got his point across publicly and has become the only newspaper editorial cartoonist I know by name in the States.


As for what I think personally, I can’t really say. It’s a simplification of a complex situation, but that’s inevitable in any political cartoon. I’d rather spend the next 20 minutes doing other things rather than trying to synthesise my thoughts on
Iraq. Nevertheless, if you download the PDF file you can gain an appreciation for the effort Lukovich put into it, compared to what he normally does. Whether or not he meant it, I can’t help drawing comparisons to the war when I look at the haphazard atmosphere of the cartoon.

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2014 at 2:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, just wanted to say, I liked this blog post.
It was helpful. Keep on posting!

Feel free to surf to my webpage :: Boom Beach Diamonds Hack,
https://www.facebook.com/,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home